Sunday, August 19, 2012

Yall & Canella

So one of the things that I've realized since being in Ecuador, is that I seem to say "yall" a lot. I never thought this was a big deal, but all of the other students in my program (besides the 5 other ones from UNC) seem to think it is the funniest thing when I say "yall." Oh well, it is much easier/faster than saying "you all" or "you guys" or anything else. Anyway, that was just a random thought.

Below is a couple pictures of my campus, and where I am currently "studying." Well I'm not really studying, but from now on I will include updating this blog as studying because I don't get the chance to do this at my house. A couple of my friends are meeting me here shortly, before we go to get lunch. Oh one thing about lunch, in case you were wondering. I have breakfast and dinner with my host mom (at which she feeds me entirely too much) but we are supposed to have lunch on our own. Of course by nature all of our host families want us to eat lunch with them if we are not doing something, like today for example. But our program directors told us to make a point to plan lunch with our friends and such. During the school week, we have lunch at our school, but on the weekend we meet up with other people for lunch, just so that doesn't always fall on our host families.

Oh and here are the pics--



Oh so about Carnella... I know I have mentioned a bit about her being "spoiled" but let me tell you, this dog is unreal... So, I learn new things about this dog every day. One of the first things I learned about her was that her ribbon's around her ears and her collar must ALWAYS match! Then I learned that she gets her ribbons/collar changed when and ONLY when she goes #2, as in poops. However, this only occurs twice a week, according to Susanna. Again, this was one of the first days that I learned this, at which I could have definitely misinterpreted Susanna's spanish. But I am pretty positive this is the case. And yesterday, she did indeed go #2, and now today she has a new set of ribbons/collar. However, yesterday I learned that Carnella will only eat her dog food from Susanna's hand.... like not out of the bowl or anything. And to add to that, Susanna seperates the dog food because she wont eat the big chunks in the mix, you know how they're not all the same in a bag of dog food.... Yea it's rediculous. However, as spoiled as this little character is, I too give in to her. Below are some pics of me trying to get her to take a picture with me. However, I didn't want Susanna to know I was taking the pictures so I was being very sly. Okay, enough about this dog. Here are some pics:


Anyway, that is all for now. I'll repost tomorrow probs!
later!

No comments:

Post a Comment